[ExI] uranium was: RE: Signal

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Aug 15 00:08:08 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Subject: Re: [ExI] Signal

Looking at our energy future we have enough wind power, water power and solar installed that we can get some pretty good ideas about what they will produce and the environmental impacts of each.  Those three will all be players, but we can pretty easily see all three combined are unlikely to carry the load.  Anyone wish to dispute that conclusion?  I would like to be shown the error of my ways.

Space-based solar might take off, and I hope it does, but we face some daunting challenges.

If SBS does not work out and we assume optimistic models of renewable growth and oil availability, we still get to a foreseeable future in which coal and nuclear power are carrying muck or most of the load.  When that day comes, the USA will awaken from our slumber and realize we need to build nuke plants as fast as we can poke them into the ground.  Then we will realize that allowing Russia to gain control of those sources was a very bad idea indeed.  So I must ask, why did our State Department do that?