[ExI] crush on stein

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:42:01 UTC 2016

Stein herself may have a strong preference for Clinton over Trump, but by
cultural convention politicians in an active race are not allowed to
express any preferences other than the strong preference that they
themselves win. It's a form of taboo.

Maybe, perhaps, in the closing weeks of the race, when she's polling 5-10
points lower than Johnson, she may be allowed to express an endorsement for
Clinton, at least to her followers in swing states. but certainly not until
then.