[ExI] Trump

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:12:00 UTC 2016

On 17 August 2016 at 20:01, Adam A. Ford  wrote:
> According to this article, hell began with Plato, and was adopted into
> Christianity ~2nd century AD.  I don't think hell was mentioned in the old
> testament.
>
> http://www.truthaccordingtoscripture.com/documents/death/origin-of-hell-fire.php#.V7SvSKJc66w

Not only hell.  All the Greek philosophy stuff was added by Paul and
his followers.
Jesus (maybe) was an itinerant Jewish rabbi who preached in Aramaic to
ordinary Jewish people who were all familiar with Judaism and the Old
Testament and were looking for a Messiah to rebel against Roman rule.
It is patently ridiculous to put complex Greek philosophy into his
mouth. But the New Testament was written in Greek for people who knew
little about Judaism and were Roman subjects. The Emperor Constantine
wanted a religion to keep the people well-behaved, not rebellious.

BillK