[ExI] david statue coincidence

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 00:32:38 UTC 2016

Ja.  Their strategy would be to get their own guys hired as guards.  Then
on command, they flee in all directions. spike

Of course the guys with Uzis are the only security you see.  Wanna bet they
have more?

Now carry my idea further:  using the same technology and software, build a
machine that can reproduce famous art works down to the tiniest
brushstroke.

So, in effect, famous pieces of art, not counting the Sphinx or the Tower
of Pisa, will be as easily reproduced as music.  I think the validation of
original art depends a lot on the canvas age and such, so this should not
throw the art world into a tizzy.

Amazing coincidence re song.  Never heard of the songster - not surprising
given my lack of appreciation for pop music.

So few things I like.  Sometimes it's just annoying to be so picky, but
what can you do?

Are we through discussing teaching?  I really wanted comments on my way.  I
did lecture, sort of, and that's going out of style some places.  What I
really wanted was to have all the students read the material before coming
to class.  Boy, then I could really teach.  What the Ss that I had did was
just backwards:  go to class and try to get what the guy is saying, and go
home and read about and try to put together what the teacher said and what
the book said.

That way the class has moved on to the next topic while the Ss still have
questions about what I've covered.  Awkward.  Then they had only their
fellow students to ask.

 But I never could get them to read beforehand, even using pop tests to
motivate them.  They just hated me for those pop tests.

What was supposed to happen, and I told them at the start of the term:
 read the book (then go back to the beginning and study it), pencil in
question marks at passages they did not understand, bring the book to class
and go through it while I do my thing and ask your questions when we get to
your marks.

That's what I did starting sometime in college, and it worked well for me.
But they used the old way:  read the book the night before the test.

bill w