[ExI] Meta question again

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:59:30 UTC 2016

 On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 8:22 AM, William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I.e., if we want less crazy in US politics, it take fixing the
> economic outlook for a large segment of the population.  keith
>
> You are likely right.  But the irony is that about 95% of the world's
> population would love to be here, even in the lower classes.  Someone said
> that this is the first generation in a long time where the kids will not be
> better off than the parents.

Not irony, physiology.  Classic experiment:  How can the same bucket
of water feel both warm and cold?  Soak one hand in hot water, the
other in cold water then put them both in a bucket of lukewarm water.
How water, or an economic situation feels is highly dependent on what
you are used to.

> Did you get all you wanted out of the irrational discussion?

I hope it was not "irrational discussion."   The intent was to explain
how genes can wire up human behavioral mechanisms to act in what is
irrational from a human's perspective while being rational from the
perspective of the genes.  Maybe discussion about how behavior is
irrational from one viewpoint and rational from another.

Keith