[ExI] voting machines again was: RE: Trump's lies

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 25 15:48:26 UTC 2016

>… Behalf Of Diego Saravia
Subject: Re: [ExI] voting machines again was: RE: Trump's lies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacking_Democracy

This should quiet the acrimonious debate over who we should vote for: it doesn’t matter.

Unless we get some kind of means of verifying that vote, it doesn’t matter.  The democracy is not in the hands of the voters anyway.  It is in the hands of whichever party is saying the voting system is fair as is, no need to change anything, no significant election fraud has ever been detected, all smoke, no fire, etc.

Unless we get some kind of voting verification system in place, we will never know who won that election, any more than we know if Bernie Sanders was the choice of the voters of one of the mainstream parties.  We have seen continued resistance to accountability in this system.  This leads me to reluctantly conclude that democracy is an illusion.