[ExI] von Neuman machines

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Aug 26 07:47:31 UTC 2016

I haven't seen that much new since Freitas & Merkle's magisterial book,
but this is a field that is pretty understudied. Obviously the additive
manufacturing world has done a lot of very relevant work, but it has not
been applied directly to self repliaction (with the exception of RepRap).

I am mildly interested in the problem, but may have trouble getting
research time for it (priorities, priorities...)