[ExI] ok geezer, was: RE: Meta question again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Aug 27 15:29:54 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of spike

>...If we look at it that way, a modified version of OK Google can almost
already do that, or if OK Google could market a modifiable version of
whatever their script does, I would buy the hell outta that.

Have we any Google people who can propose it to their company?

The modified version of OK Google would go out to a specialized database
instead of the web.  Oh this seems like a snap for those talented coders at
Google.  I have half a mind to contact Brin and Page, suggest gathering
about a couple dozen of their most talented, creative and CHARITY MINDED
young developers, put them on one of those Google buses and take them to the
memory care facility, have them interact with the patients (who would be so
grateful for a visit.)  An hour of that, just one hour, come back to their
Mountain View fantasy land ( where everyone they ever see is young, smart,
clean and healthy up at the GooglePlex) have a contest to see who can use
those insights to modify OK Google for old sick people who also deserve our
help and tech support.

Some of the patients might have been tech monsters themselves in the long
time agos, helping invent the tools and software that resulted in the
GooglePlex fantasy land.  But now, they are old and sick, and stored away,
forgotten by us, and they don't even know how they got there.