[ExI] Bell's Inequality

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 05:53:47 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
> <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> But experiments do have only one outcome, as experienced and observed by
> >> the experimenters.  Any alternate worlds are immeasurable and may as
> well
> >> not exist.
> >
> > ### If you were to say that only the observed experimental outcomes
> exist,
> > then you imply there is something qualitatively different between the
> part
> > of the wavefunction we do experience and the parts that we don't.
>
> Science is all about observability, measurement, and what actually
> exists.  If you wish to speculate that something that is never
> measurable, observable, or otherwise detectable must still exist, you
> need evidence.

The other universes are detectable and they do effect our universe, e.g.
interference patterns.

Furthermore, you must accept the reality of the wave function (and all its
branches) in order to explain how quantum computers work.

Whether we can directly observe some phenomenon or not is irrelevant, we
can't observe the inside of black holes, beyond the cosmological horizon,
the future, things outside our light cone, etc., yet we would all agree
those things exist. What matters is whether these other universes are
predicted to exist and consequences of our best theories.

The evidence for these other branches includes all the evidence we have for
quantum mechanics. Indefensible mental gymnastics are required to believe
in both QM but deny the reality of the wave function and its many histories.

Jason