[ExI] Tabby's star

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 11 18:53:02 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

>… What about the idea that it appears the way it does because of a dense bunch of particles in orbit around our own sun between us and

abby's star in the Kuiper Belt or Oort Cloud? That would easily explain the lack of infrared radiation…​ John K Clark

That one was dismissed early by data showing that stars near Abby’s were not affected.  If there is an intervening mass not gravitationally associated with Abby’s star, it was waaay over on her side of the gap rather than ours.

spike

​