[ExI] Bell's Inequality

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 00:26:16 UTC 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Science is all about observability, measurement, and what actually
>> exists.  If you wish to speculate that something that is never
>> measurable, observable, or otherwise detectable must still exist, you
>> need evidence.
>

> ### As David Deutsch wrote, science is about explanations. Observation and
> measurement supported by theory is how you arrive at explanations.
> Measurements are however not the output of science, explanations are.
>
> I'd like to invite you to speculate about the existence of the inside of the
> Earth. Have you observed it? Presumably, you haven't. Yet, you do believe it
> exists, don't you? In the proper theoretical framework, it is the perfect
> explanation for the outside not falling down.

While I myself have not observed it, others have - indirectly, but
there is nonzero evidence that it exists, and the contrary theory
(that the Earth is hollow) is not the case.

This is quite distinct from observing beings with soul or free will,
as opposed to observing beings who merely think they have free will.