[ExI] ovaricicle

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:49:18 UTC 2016

On 15 December 2016 at 22:36, spike wrote:

> So this child was sick, had an ovary removed and frozen when she was aged 9,
> became a mother 15 yrs later:
>
> http://reason.com/blog/2016/12/15/former-cancer-kid-puts-ovary-on-ice-just
>
> OK cool, now, we can easily imagine that such a procedure could be routine,
> since ova degrade over the years, and plenty of women just don’t hit their
> stride during their reproductive years.  We know we can freeze embryos, but
> they need to be fertilized.  So with this tech, a teenager could get an
> ovary frozen, then later, even after her normal reproductive years, the
> ovary could be re-implanted, her own ova extracted, fertilized by a partner
> chosen after she knows what she is doing, better outcome perhaps.

Also in the UK -

Babies made from three people approved in UK
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38328097>
Babies made from two women and one man have been approved by the UK's
fertility regulator.
The historic and controversial move is to prevent children being born
with deadly genetic diseases.

Due to a misunderstanding this method of conception involving two
women and one man was initially wildly popular among men throughout
the country........

BillK