[ExI] macular degeneration

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 03:56:19 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:51 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com
> wrote:

​> ​
> It is strongly suspected that high amounts of blue light contribute to
> this disease.  This has been known for several years. So why aren't we
> hearing more about it?  We who look at PC and smartphone screens, spend
> time outdoors (UV), use the new lightbulbs, go to and work in places where
> fluorescent lights are used.

​The UV from the sun is so much more intense it's hard to believe the UV
from a smartphone could be much of a factor. Glare has bothered me since I
was a kid so I've been using "Transitions Lenses" for decades,  they darken
almost instantly when I go outside but it
take
​s​
a little longer for them to lighten up when I go inside, but after a few
minutes are as clear as a bell.

http://www.eyeglassguide.com/my-guide/faq.aspx  ​

​John K Clark​