[ExI] i'll be moffed

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 23:18:26 UTC 2016

On 22 December 2016 at 04:10, spike  wrote:

> Hey cool.  Those of you who have seen the new Star Wars saw the digitally
> recreated Peter Cushing, the actor who died 22 years ago, as Grand Moff
> Tarkin.  It might be a worthwhile activity to learn CGI well enough to
> create moffs of ourselves.  Then I can write cool funny lines for my moff
> to say after I am dead and frozen, visit with the attendees at my funeral,
> wisecracks and such, encouragements to get with it on the cryonics
> research, and Hey you warm proles, hurry and get me out of this cold
> purgatory, dark and boring in here, that kinda thing.

Apparently Light and Magic are not going to discuss exactly how they did it
until January, so as not to spoil the film for those who haven't seen it.

But they found a British actor, Guy Henry, to play the part in the filming.
He has similar features to Peter Cushing so this probably helped in the
transformation.

BillK