[ExI] Do digital computers feel?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 14:37:37 UTC 2016

 Inductive reasoning seems really hard for computers
but seems second nature to us.   john

Pattern recognition.  This is a very important point about the thinking of
the human brain.  If we want computers to emulate people, then they must
often jump to spurious conclusions based on insufficient data and form many
superstitions.

Some of these inductive leaps will result in amazing perceptions of
patterns where no one else sees those patterns (or maybe some guy named
Wallace who knocks on Darwin's door), and be a world class discovery.  Most
will be wrong.  Pages and pages of cognitive errors on Wikipedia.

bill w