[ExI] Bell's Inequality

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 19:47:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 4:33 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > According to the theory, this thing is the wave
>> > function, and the resources used are all of the wave functions various
>> > superpositions.
>>
>> "Assume MWI, therefore MWI."  Sorry, that's circular reasoning.
>
> ### We do not assume MWI here

"According to the theory" means that the rest of it is true if the
theory is true.  You then present a case where the theory is
true...but it's still qualified with "According to the theory".

> If the computational results
> depend on the interference between a number of quantum states predicted by
> the wave function, then each of the states exists - or else it would not be
> capable of being causally involved in the generation of computational
> results.

A thing can have the potential to exist without actually existing.
The things that give rise to that potential can exist without the end
result coming into existence, and perform the necessary interference
themselves, getting rid of that potential through their interactions.

(I would give macro level non-quantum examples, but I suspect they
would be dismissed out of hand for being non-quantum.)