[ExI] Do digital computers feel was Re: Is the wave function real?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 22:36:35 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 8:41 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> ​> ​
>> the falsifiable prediction is that we will be able to find a similarly
>> reliable relationship between a redness quality to it's neural correlate
>> and greenness quality
>>

> ​I see no way it could ever be proven or disproven that X causes qualia Y,
> at least not proven to be true in anyone except for me.
>
> ​And even then the proof would only be available to me.​

Which you?  Your right or left hemisphere you?  And if your right
hemisphere knows, absolutely, that your left hemisphere's neural correlate
of redness is not your left hemisphere's greenness neural correlate, why
could we not simply predict that we will soon be doing the same thing
between brains - and proving what you claim cannot be proven, just as
surely as your left hemisphere knows what your right is like?

At least this particular repeated claim of yours is very falsifiable.

Brent Allsop