[ExI] Google’s Go Victory Is Just a Glimpse of How Powerful AI Will Be

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Feb 1 01:49:39 UTC 2016

Good point. There seems to be a fair bit of interest in DL hardware, and
I think we will see ASICs as applications become standardized:
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-specialized-hardware-for-deep-learning-algorithms

It is a one-time performance increment, but as you say maybe 3 orders of
magnitude. Most obvious uses will likely be on the application side
rather than the more expensive training side, but I think different
ASICs would be able to boost both legs.