[ExI] Google’s Go Victory Is Just a Glimpse of How Powerful AI Will Be

Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
Tue Feb 2 17:03:42 UTC 2016

A blog I read called Political Calculations uses dividend futures data to try
and predict the market's upcoming behavior. Based on his work, the overall mass
of market participants seem to have a very near term view, for example in this
recent post he is discussing how most investors seem focused on 2016 Q1 and Q2
dividend data:

http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2016/02/exploiting-future-for-s-500-in-week-4.html

So is it realistic to expect the market as a whole to react to something that,
at best, is multiple years away?

Perhaps your upcoming book will start to get the word out more. In the meantime
I agree with Alejandro that investors focused more on specific stocks like GOOG
and NVDA may be a bit more willing to invest based on longer term horizons,
leading to the significant outperformance in those companies since October.