[ExI] Google’s Go Victory Is Just a Glimpse of How Powerful AI Will Be

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Feb 2 18:48:04 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Robin D Hanson

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu

Hi Robin,

Your name is being taken in vain (but in a good way; people aren't yet going around exclaiming Robin-dammit or anything.)

That whole notion of ideas futures which you drove a long time ago is really big stuff in political elections, like the one which was kicked off yesterday in Iowa.  I watched those share prices do what they do in elections.  A prominent real-money version is PredictIt.

https://www.predictit.org/

The PredictIt people realized that the most this whole notion is ever used is around politics.

Most entertaining thing I have seen in a long Hanson-damn time.