[ExI] crashes

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 22:17:07 UTC 2016

On 2 February 2016 at 21:48, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> Thanks, Bill K - it sounds to me like it's time for a computer shop tuneup,
> as little of what you suggested is in my ability to fix.
>
> Could it be a hard drive dying?

It could be any connected device. The usual problem solving technique
is to disconnect or replace one thing at a time and see if the error
goes away.

If you are going to a computer shop the repair could be expensive if
it takes a while to solve. Get an estimate first! If your computer is
old, buying a new machine could be the better option.
You could ask the shop to copy your files off your old hard drive (if
it still works). He can do this by removing the hard drive and
connecting it to another computer.

But he might be lucky and find the fault quickly.

Best of luck!   BillK