[ExI] crashes

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 23:26:15 UTC 2016

On 2 February 2016 at 23:00, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> Toshiba laptop, about 5 years old.  Hate to buy a new one because I have the
> OED on my drive and presumably it cannot be copied to a new one.  I called a
> shop and they were evasive.  Good work before by them, though.
>
> There is nothing currently connected to this PC.  I did try to install a HP
> laserjet which I never did get to work even with the DVD, but it printed
> anyway.  Hmm.  But I disconnected the usb cord until I can find a way to
> install it as a wireless device.
>
> Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and get some kind of Apple.  bill w

I'm not surprised they are evasive. :)  After 5 years the fault could
be almost anything.
Apple computers are much more expensive, but usually less trouble than Win pcs.

Compare costs and consider getting another Win laptop. The hard disk
can easily be slid out of the old laptop and you can buy a 'disk
caddy' (a small case) for it and connect it to the new laptop as an
external disk drive. Assuming that the drive is not faulty you should
be able to read it OK.

BillK