[ExI] Google’s Go Victory Is Just a Glimpse of How Powerful AI Will Be

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Feb 4 14:51:57 UTC 2016

>... On Behalf Of BillK

>...Scott Adams has a blog post up saying that in our modern world everything important is corrupt.That obviously applies to markets and politics.

<http://blog.dilbert.com/post/138608871076/new-hampshire-prediction-master-persuader-series>
Quote:
>...In my experience on this planet, anything that is both important and corruptible (without detection) is already corrupted. Athletes are using performance-enhancing drugs, politicians are using dirty tricks, hedge funds are using insider information, and so on. It’s a universal truth. ...BillK

Adams is right on.

Some time long agon when we were anticipating the impact of increasing transparency on society, I speculated that we would get better at detecting corruption (ja) and that we would become more tolerant of the low-level stuff (double ja.)

We have now the ability to archive so many things that our leading candidates have done wrong, and instant notification when they do, but I way underestimated how tolerant we would become of corruption.

The current situation where we have good evidence that one of the leading candidates compromised highly classified information yet still hasn't been indicted is a scary example.