[ExI] Gravitational Waves Detected By LIGO!

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:29:38 UTC 2016

Gravitational waves were the subject of my PhD dissertation. I worked for
LIGO for several years before I switched to work in neuroscience. I have
about 40 papers authored with the collaboration. My advisor spent all his
science career observing noise. Everybody knew it would have been one of
the most incredible discoveries in science if we detect GWs but it was very
frustrating to look at years of data that was only noise.
This is now changed and it is an amazing feeling.
A new window on the universe is now open.

Giovanni