[ExI] Gravitational Waves Detected By LIGO!

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:07:06 UTC 2016

GW interacts with matter very, very, very weakly. So unless you are really
close to the event you would not be impacted.
Few event horizons radii away from the source and the GW become
ridiculously small in terms of strain.
In the radiation zone the strain h goes down linearly with distance. I can
do more precise calculations but GW are so difficult to detect exactly
because they don't interact strongly with matter.

Giovanni