[ExI] VIDEO | Cryonics for Uploaders - Brain Preservation discussion in Second Life, February 14

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 15:11:10 UTC 2016

VIDEO | Cryonics for Uploaders - Brain Preservation discussion in
Second Life, February 14

The Turing Church meeting in Second Life on Sunday, February 14,
featured a discussion of the recent Brain Preservation Foundation
announcement: the Small Mammal Brain Preservation Prize has officially
been won. Watch the video below.

Thanks to all the participants, and special thanks to Ken Hayworth and
Max More for leading a honest and intense discussion on not only the
technology of cryonics and “cryonics for uploaders,” but also the
social and ethical aspects of cryonics. Should we rush to human
cryonics applications of ASC and forthcoming technical advances, or
should we wait until the mainstream scientific community is on board?

http://turingchurch.com/2016/02/15/video-cryonics-for-uploaders-brain-preservation-discussion-in-second-life-february-14/