[ExI] Death Valley

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 00:27:28 UTC 2016

On 23 February 2016 at 23:48, spike  wrote:
> Hi BillK, it is that way most of the time.  Once in a long while, conditions
> are just right for what is happening now.  Here's a wild coincidence for
> you.  I just happened to be passing thru Death Valley in March of 2005 on
> the way to somewhere else.  It was a motorcycle trip where I went over
> Carson and down 395 heading for Phoenix, decided to pass on thru while I was
> that close.  I didn't even know at the time that it was super blooming, just
> happened to catch it after being away for a long time.

<snip>

I've just found a 3 minute video of this year's bloom.
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbcWFTBn08>

It reminds me of a spring holiday in Wales where the cliff sides by
the sea were covered in brightly coloured wild flowers. (Not unusual -
it happens every year. But I only saw it once!). :)

BillK