[ExI] disgusted with Windows

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 02:44:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 4:29 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Switching to Mac is expensive. You have to buy everything from Apple.
> But you may find it easier to be wrapped in their warm comfortable
> blanket. :)

### I bought my 17 inch MacBook Pro in 2010 for a boatload of money, with
the largest SSD available. But considering that I have been using it daily
since then, traveling tens of thousands of miles, and it performed
flawlessly with a minimum of fuss, and it still has the power to run
current software, it isn't a bad bargain. Still looks like new.  Sure, if
you master Linux, it will be cheaper and almost as convenient but first you
have to pay a fair bit of your time. I used to run Red Hat Linux on my old
Toshiba around 2005, if I remember correctly, but I did have difficulties
with basics, like opening PDFs, so eventually I gave up on it.

Actually, if you need a machine just for browsing and email, try a
Chromebook or even a Kindle - they are ridiculously cheap but still get the
job done, and they are safer than many other options.

Rafał