[ExI] log view of universe

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 06:55:53 UTC 2016

On Jan 9, 2016, at 12:34 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 9 January 2016 at 18:25, Dan TheBookMan  wrote:
>> Filaments appear in other depictions too, especially about the supercluster
>> scale, no? Interesting that this disk model preserves them.
>

> The image was created by an artist/musician by combining logarithmic
> maps of the universe from Princeton and images from NASA. (So there is
> a bit of interpretation in there). Still impressive though.
> He has some other images as well.
> Story here:
> <http://www.techinsider.io/whole-universe-map-illustration-2015-12>

Thanks for the link. There's a bit more interpretation too because, correct me if I'm wrong, only a small fraction of the sky has been surveyed to far off distances. Doesn't mean one can make presumptions, but I wonder if the model will radically change as more data comes in.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst