[ExI] need a new word/suffix

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:13:25 UTC 2016

On 14 January 2016 at 01:29, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
> I am hoping that this generation of Tweeters will change the language
> dramatically in the direction we are talking about.  They are talking about
> the disappearance of cursive writing and I too think that's good, though
> some writing will be with us forever, I think.  As soon as programs like
> Dragon Speaking get really good, we will no longer use our thumbs to write
> on our cell phones, and may move away from the keyboard entirely, as who can
> type as fast as he can talk?  And if AI gets as good as some predict, we
> won't have to do a lot of editing when we speak into a computer.

Speed isn't everything.  Quality matters.

Twitter seems to produce a very low level of communication.
Some authors still prefer cursive writing. Probably because it forces
them to spend time thinking about what they are writing.
Dictation produces a different style of writing. And when transcribed
to text you lose all the voice inflexions. shrugs, and other
non-verbal communications.

Even typing in haste produces errors. (Though readers cannot hear the
screams of rage as you type).  :)
Rereading and using the spellcheck should be made a habit.
Sometimes I even 'sleep on it'. Rereading something in the cold light
of day can often cause a rewrite.

BillK