[ExI] Political correctness run amuck

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 17:57:12 UTC 2016

​The scourge of ​p
olitical correctness has hit Richard Dawkins yet again. Just days before he
was to give the keynote speech at The Northeast Conference on Science and
Skepticism (NECSS)
​ ​
he was
​ ​
disinvited because
​ ​
Professor
​ ​
Dawkins retweeted a
​ ​
song in a
​ ​
video making fun of both Islam and
​ ​
radical
​ ​
feminism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJUqhm2g08

He tweeted the link with this caveat "Obviously this doesn't apply to the
vast majority of feminists, among whom I count myself. But the minority is
pernicious". Soon afterward he learned that the woman in the song was based
on a real woman who had allegedly been threatened online for her
activities, so Professor Dawkins sent another tweet "Having learned that
the woman in the joke song is a real person who has been disgracefully
threatened with violence, I'm deleting my tweets.
​ ​
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't EVER threaten anyone with violence. We should be
free to use comedy/ridicule without fear it may inspire violence".
Nevertheless the
​ ​
humorless
​ ​
moral paragons at NECSS kicked him out because it was
​ ​
racist;
​ ​
although given the fact that neither muslims nor women are examples of races
​ ​
NECSS was
​ ​
unable
​ ​
to specify
​ ​
what race the song was making fun of. Apparently
​ ​
The Northeast Conference on Science and Skepticism
​ i​
s also skeptical of the value of logic as were the people who were outraged
a few years ago when Professor
​ ​
Dawkins wrote "Mild pedophilia is bad. Violent pedophilia is worse. If you
think that's an endorsement of mild pedophilia, go away and learn how to
think."

 John K Clark