[ExI] 107 Nobel laureates tell Greenpeace to stop opposing GMOs

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 16:39:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 4:10 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

​> ​
> I hope you mean extreme environmentalists.  Surely you are not in favor of
> pollution, etc.
> ​I am an environmentalists and the link below is good news to me.​

At one time I
​too ​
called myself an
​ ​
environmentalists
​ ​
but no longer, the very word has become polluted and no longer means what
it once did. Every large mainstream environmental organization opposes
insecticides herbicides and artificial fertilizer but they also oppose
genetically modified plants even though they don't need those chemicals.
​ ​
Today every large
​ ​
mainstream
​ ​
environmental organization opposes the use of Golden Rice even though it
could prevent 2 million people dying every year and a half a million
children going blind because it is a GMO and even though 108 Nobel Prize
winners (up from yesterday's 107) say GMOs are beneficial.  To
environmentalists the shooting of one gorilla at a zoo is a great tragedy
but 8 million people starving to death each year (which GMO's could help
prevent) is just a statistic.

And of course every large mainstream
​ ​
environmental organization opposes
​ ​
greenhouse gasses, but they also oppose nuclear power plants even though
they produce no greenhouse gasses and have the best safety record of any
power source.

 John K Clark