[ExI] Privacy: Google My Activity

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 22:46:52 UTC 2016

Google My Activity is a new site that shows everything that Google
knows about its users – and there’s a lot.

The new site collects every website you’ve been on, everything you’ve
searched and many of the things you’ve done with your phone

<https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity>

If you are shocked by the amount of Google tracking displayed, Google
allows you to turn off many options in your Google privacy settings.

In my case, My Activity is completely empty, but you need to do more
than just switch off Google settings.

(Using ad blocking software and an alternative search engine like
DuckDuckGo or Startpage is a good start).

BillK