[ExI] Longevity Day and Longevity Month - October 2016

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:41:31 UTC 2016

Mike, as I understand it, the effects of nicotinamide riboside are
more variable on younger people.  Why isn't obvious, but it could be
that the level of NAD+ is one of the things when get out of whack as
we get older.

I am almost 74.  At that age, there are a lot of annoying things that
start to happen to you.  For me, some of them seem to have backed off,
though if they are due to the nicotinamide riboside, it took several
months for the effects to kick in.

My life, incidentally, has had previous cases of side effects.  I
originally took alagebrium at the same time a big trial was going on.
It didn't help either in the trial or me with the main reason I took
it, but it did have a remarkable effect on the build up of plaque on
my teeth.  So I continued to use it, in rather small amounts as a
tooth cleaner.

The side effect, which I realized after perhaps a year, was to reverse
the progressive angina that had been building up over the previous 10
years.  I am fairly sure it was due to the alagebrium because I ran
out and after a few months the angina started to come back.  It went
away when I got some more and went back to using it.

Keith