[ExI] Cosmopolitanism, collective epistemology and other issues

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 16:24:38 UTC 2016

On 10 July 2016 at 15:16, spike  wrote:

<snip>
> BillK, I don't see why this is considered a big crisis.  If the Brits
> collectively decide this was a bad idea, they can vote to rejoin the EU, ja?

A country leaving the EU has never been done before, so nobody knows
what might happen. There will be a lot of arguing and making up rules
as they go along. One problem is that politicians see the EU as a
gravy train with unlimited funds. So there will be many discussions,
conferences, all expenses paid trips, etc. Estimates say the jamboree
will run from two years to possibly more than ten years. And rejoining
the EU takes just as long, if not longer.

That assumes that no other country votes to leave as well, and that
the EU lasts for another ten years. The rebels complaining about the
EU and the looming financial problems in the EU make the future
uncertain.

BillK