[ExI] brexit quick question

Giulio Prisco giulioprisco at protonmail.ch
Wed Jul 13 09:52:24 UTC 2016

Did this message come through?

--
Giulio Prisco
http://giulioprisco.com/
giulioprisco at protonmail.ch

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ExI] brexit quick question
Local Time: July 12, 2016 7:35 PM
UTC Time: July 12, 2016 5:35 PM
From: pharos at gmail.com
To: extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org

On 12 July 2016 at 17:37, Giulio Prisco <giulioprisco at protonmail.ch> wrote:
> This is my understanding as well, but ignoring the results of the referendum
> would really be a slap in the face of democracy, as British politicians of
> both camps have noted. The people would completely lose faith in the
> democratic process, which is the worse possible outcome.
>
> --
> Giulio Prisco
> giulioprisco at protonmail.ch

Gmail put your message in my Spam folder.

Reason:
Why is this message in Spam? It has a from address in protonmail.ch
but has failed protonmail.ch's required tests for authentication.
------------

Gmail gives more detail:

Spammers can forge a message to make it look like it's sent by a real
website or company that you might trust. To help protect you from such
messages, Google tries to verify the real sender using email
authentication.

The authentication process tries to verify the real sender by looking
at a message's authentication data. This data should be included in a
message's "signed-by" or "mailed-by" headers (shown beneath the
subject line when you look at a message's details). When the sender
doesn't include this data, we can't be sure whether or not the message
was forged. For example, a message might claim to be from a Gmail
address, but we can't confirm that claim if the message doesn't have
authentication data.
--------

This may be an Exi list problem if the authentication data is removed
or scrambled before forwarding to the list.

BillK