[ExI] I Miss The King of Extropia

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:59:26 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> Trump acts stupidly but has to have at least somewhat above average IQ.

​Trump didn't blow all of daddy's money so I guess that calls for a few IQ
points, enough to put his inheritance in a stock index fund or something
equivalent. However anybody who claims that his area of expertise is money
and yet thinks the government could default on its Treasury Bills without
causing a global catastrophe can't be very swift.

> ​​>
> OTOH - he has gotten more votes than anyone else, so if you told him he
> was stupid, he'd just smile and say "Whatever works, and it's working for
> me."

​
For reasons I don't entirely understand many voters want somebody as
president who is just like them, they don't want somebody who is smarter
than they are and Trump sounds just like they do when they're sounding off
about world events at the bar after they've had a few beers. And for some
people being an equal doesn't go far enough.  Anti- Intellectualism has a
long history in the USA and some people feel most comfortable voting for a
presidential  candidate who is even dumber than they are.

 John K Clark