[ExI] first robot kill?

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jul 22 15:32:11 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of spike
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 7:39 AM
To: 'ExI chat list' <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] first robot kill?

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of Anders
.

>.The thing to be *really* worried about is automation of law enforcement.
If state power can be implemented without any need of citizen participation,
it becomes a very frightening thing indeed.)

--
Dr Anders Sandberg

>.Ja.  This is a multi-faceted question, but overall I am optimistic.spike

Partial alleviation of the problem: require the constables to release the
video and audio of the encounter between the drone and the perp, perhaps
realtime.

ON that last part, I recall a fond memory of a television set in the lobby
of the building where I worked for many years.  Any time a crowd formed
around that television, it would be two circumstances: any rocket launch and
any realtime police chase.  My colleagues being engineer types, would be
seen cheering for the cops.