[ExI] I Miss The King of Extropia

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:04:56 UTC 2016

On Jul 22, 2016, at 8:37 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But why not just save?  Why pay any interest?  Not applicable to houses or cars, I suppose (except in my case, since I don't buy cars worth more than $10k - you are correct - never new cars - depreciation curve -  currently own 2002 Lincoln Town Car - wonderful car - you can't get a ride like this with the small new cars -  25 mpg highway)

Depends on the person and their vision. Some people have a lower time preference and greater aversion to risk, so they're net savers. Others don't.

> I would rather a company be owned by the people who made it great, not by the people who just supplied money.  They get on the board and maybe direct policy in the wrong ways.

People supplying the money usually can do one of two things: get paid interest or get ownership. I'm not sure why supplying the money seems to you to be of no importance to making something great. Those who supply money are taking a big risk (up to losing all the money they put in) and making a choice that one project is a good bet compared to their other options (in other words, money sunk into one project can't be spent on wild parties;).

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my latest Kindle book, "The Late Mr. Gurlitt," at:
http://mybook.to/Gurlitt