[ExI] I Miss The King of Extropia

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:35:24 UTC 2016

People supplying the money usually can do one of two things: get paid
interest or get ownership. I'm not sure why supplying the money seems to
you to be of no importance to making something great. Those who supply
money are taking a big risk (up to losing all the money they put in) and
making a choice that one project is a good bet compared to their other
options (in other words, money sunk into one project can't be spent on wild
parties;).

Regards,

Dan

The money people are trusting the people who made the company great (or
promise to, in the case of venture).  They are not the ones with the ideas
and I would not let them veto anything except big parties, and occasionally
those too should be held.  I do think we should be very thankful to the
venture capitalists but often they don't know how to evaluate new ideas.
Just look at the wonderful books that were first turned down by, sometimes,
dozens of publishers, before someone who really understood the book bought
it.

bill w