[ExI] Humans are really bad at driving

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:09:29 UTC 2016

Even if self-driving cars kill people while improving their programs,
they will still kill a lot less than human drivers.

BillK

It won't take that.  If they would put a breathalyzer in every normal car
and locked the starter when the gauge showed above the legal limit, I have
no doubt that tens of thousands would be saved.  I have no stats at hand,
but believe that about half of fatal accidents involve a drunk driver.  But
no!  We want to be free!  Free to kill.

Also, prevent starting until seat belts are fastened around all riders.
Many fatal accidents involve people being thrown out of the car.

We libertarians don't like being told what to do, especially we are likely
to be safer than the average driver, but gee, folks, others are killing
themselves and their children and pets by drinking and not fastening
belts.  I don't mind dying for my libertarian beliefs, but not this
stupidly.

I would charge someone with murder if a child was killed and not wearing a
belt or the driver was drunk.  Adults too - oh why not.

bill w

bill w