[ExI] Political correctness consequences

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 13:31:40 UTC 2016

At the risk of starting up the Trump / Brexit arguments again, this
article from a financial blog seems to risk saying what the PC media
avoid.
Note that this is from a professional investor who has to forecast
fairly well in order to make money.

<https://capitalistexploits.at/2016/07/trump-victory/>

Why A Politically Correct West Ensures A Trump Victory
In Global Trends by Chris MacIntosh   July 29, 2016

Quotes:

What we’re dealing with today is a crisis in political correctness.

But the man on the street is no longer buying it. He’s not that
stupid. He understands and sees with his own eyes, even if his rulers
try to distract him.

This is one reason that Brexit is taking place. A populace,
increasingly distrustful of the establishment and horrified by the
consequences of the actions already taken by the ruling class, look
around them in search of someone who will say out loud what they
whisper to each other behind closed doors.

Brexit was a huge plus for Donald Trump. It provided legitimacy to the
rhetoric of Trump’s campaign: “Don’t vote for the establishment
(Hillary), vote for me.” “Let’s make America great again” speaks the
same language that Nigel Farage was speaking. Importantly, Trump
doesn’t pander to politically correct anything.
-------------

Like him or loath him, Nigel Farage provided an increasingly horrified
citizenry with a crystal clear message which never tried to pander to
political correctness. A populace under attack (because Europe is most
certainly under attack) found a level of honesty in the Brexit
campaign, which was sorely lacking with the “remain campaign” and they
voted for it.

When only right-wing demagogues are prepared to say what a politically
correct establishment is unwilling to say, then it will be right-wing
demagogues that are elected to power.

Expect this trend to accelerate – first bringing Trump to power in the
US and followed by massive changes in Europe, something I’ll cover
next week, including what I think is the easiest short in history and
how it is likely to play out.