[ExI] request to tone down politics, was: RE: Wise...

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:17:53 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 3:10 AM, Anders <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

​>> ​
>> Perhaps, in the spirit of extropianism being in part about what one can
>> actually do to change things, limit discussion to effective methods of
>> change?
>

> ​> ​
> That makes sense. The current hammering has been a rather strong
> disincentive for me to participate: it crowds out extropian themes.

​
I've been on this list continuously since 1993 and from day one existential
themes
​ have been considered an appropriate topic for discussion
, but before we need to
​solve the problem of
 the sun evolving into a red giant the human race
​needs​
 to survive
​for ​
the next 4 years, and the events that occur in the next 5 months will have
a dramatic effect on
​the probability of that occurring
. A fascist, a ignorant thin skinned hot tempered and above all stupid
fascist
​,​
is about to receive the nuclear launch codes of the most powerful military
on the planet
​;
 and now would be a good time to tone
​the discussion down​
??

I've seen plenty of politicians that I've disagreed with, that I've hated,
that I've had contempt for, but I've never seen one that has flat out
terrified me as much as Donald has.

 John K Clark