[ExI] anarchy

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:14:52 UTC 2016

Yeah Bill beat me to it.  Communicating and cooperating is government.

I guess it's really about no central government.  But those communities
will begin cooperating with others.

Cephalization will always emerge as a consequence of vulnerability.
Getting rid of that vulnerability is sort of the point of everything.  A
world government where everyone is safe and happy is equal to a loose
global collection of collectively governed communes where everyone is safe
and happy.

The problem is not political, it's social and moral.  Bad people who want
to exploit others will find a way to monopolize control of force or
production in any political system or lack thereof.

It's a big responsibility of H+ to try and fix the billion-year, darwinian
trauma of the collective self that leads to exploitation of others.

This essentially means severing ties to the animal past, which itself
presents many problems.  Are those emotions too valuable to the self to
eschew?  What about forcing bad animalistic people to lose that--is it
immoral?

The real point is that there are always going to be problems.  It's the
drive to solve them that defines curiosity, intelligence, consciousness
itself.  You'll never see the solution before you die, in any era.  Accept
that but still try.

Life, existence, is an orgiastic foaming flowing psychedelic tragicomic
explosion of the dueling modalities of chaos and order.  Extropy is only
half the story.

The people over at the Entropy Institute think we're the bad guys.  They
just want everybody to be able to rest, and see striving as blasphemous.
There's always two sides to the coin, and that coin itself is just the side
of another coin, ana and kata forever.  Scale is non-existent.  &c.

"Do what thou will"
-Thelema

"Do what thou are told by those who have dedicated their lives to figuring
out what people should do"
-The other side

"Do or don't"
-me