[ExI] anarchy

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:11:12 UTC 2016

This is defining government too loosely. I'm fairly sure, too, Dave meant
something where people explicitly consent and aren't forced to participate
-- not something like a modern city where simply by living there some folks
down in city hall tell you what to do and how much you owe them for the
favor under threat of sending an armed gang to lock you in a cage or gun
you down.  dan

Does a man rule his family?  What if some yahoo doesn't want to pay for
anything, and so he is cut off from all services.  Does that mean that
anyone can attack his family?  Burn down his house? Kidnap his kids?  What
if he is a wife beater?  Are we going to stand for that?  What if he is
insane?  I think that there is a time to tell people what to do and if they
don't, fine them, take away their family, or put them in jail or an asylum.

Then there is the moral aspect:  should a person be allowed to enjoy
services without paying?  Like a man who won't pay taxes but lives on a
road upkept with taxes?  I just don't see anything by anybody in this
discussion that leaves me to believe that any kind of anarchy, short of
living by yourself in a cave, is even possible.  If I or we are using an
incorrect definition of anarchy, them let's have one that fits some
rational way of living.

bill w