[ExI] Evolutionary psychology and recent selection was trump

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:03:37 UTC 2016

>  I didn't predict the rise of Donald Trump. Did you??  Keith or John

One writer said that the Repub people, the base, elected this current group
to go to DC and do something about Obamacare and so forth and they didn't
do that or much of anything else except stop Obama when they could.  Many
nonRepubs were outraged by this obstructionism, as was I, and maybe some
Repubs were too.

So the old saw holds:  "Throw the bastards out!"  Elect someone not in the
pale of the party.  I'll bet a lot of people saw someone like Trump coming;
someone who is familiar with the rise of George Wallace, Huey and Earl
Long, and others.  We know Europe is in a spasm of far right ideology, with
extremely notable exceptions, like the Muslim mayor of London.

Another line is this:  Trump shows as a strong man, full of himself,
radical opinions - above all someone different from the party mold.  I'll
bet a lot of his followers do not care what his foreign policies are.
Doing a lot of bombing appeals to many.

Otherwise, I just dunno.  If anyone else has advocated the things he has,
he would have been laughed out of the race.  I'll bet some of us have been
wondering why he hasn't.

This is it for me - no more politics till after the election.

bill w