[ExI] Critical take on The Age of Em

Anders anders at aleph.se
Wed Jun 8 11:30:03 UTC 2016

I think a lot of reviews are like "yes, but..." - this is a book full of
things, and you get plenty to disagree with.

My own review, where I predict it will be a classic:
http://aleph.se/andart2/reviews/review-of-robin-hansons-the-age-of-em/

On 2016-06-07 17:06, Dan TheBookMan wrote:
> http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2016/06/whats_wrong_in.html
>
> I haven't read the book, though, regarding Bryan Caplan's first point,
> I don't see anything wrong with adopting a particular position and
> running with it.
>
> Minor point: Bryan and I also have a different view of Shakespeare.
> For me, some of the Bard's characters are opaque -- still enjoyable,
> yet very hard to grasp. Lear and Iago, for instance.
>
> Anyhow, should probably get to The Age of Em in a few weeks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan
> See my latest Kindle book, "The Late Mr. Gurlitt," at:
> http://mybook.to/Gurlitt

Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute
Oxford Martin School