[ExI] ​Popper and unscientific theories

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 20:57:39 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​>> ​
>> 1) There are  lots of stars more distant than 13.8 billion light years
>> but we'll never be able to see them   because light hasn't had enough
>> time to reach us and due to the accelerating universe there will never be
>> enough time to reach us.
>> 2) Nothing exists that is more distant than 13.8 billion light years and
>> the Earth is at the center of the Universe.

​> ​
> I don't agree with Popper's solution to the demarcation problem, but what
> makes you think one is scientific and the other not?

If Popper is right then the scientific conclusion is that the Earth is at
the center of the universe. ​At most only one place can be the center
(infinite things have no center at all) but lots of places can be off center
​,​
​ thus​
it would seem very unlikely
​that ​
I just happened to be at the center of spherical universe with a 13.8
billion light year radius. So I disagree with Popper and conclude there are
parts of the universe I can never see even in theory.

 John K Clark