[ExI] Circumcision

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jun 14 22:04:14 UTC 2016

Subject: Re: [ExI] Circumcision

On 14 June 2016 at 21:25, Anders wrote:
>>... Pain and suffering are different things: one is a sensory stimulus,
>> .... Living a life of amnesiac bliss might not be as good as a long
dramatic struggle to make the world better.

>...Remembered suffering = PTSD and that ruins lives.

>...PTSD victims would welcome amnesia.  BillK

Ja.  All this reminds me of the discussion we had in the forum on this topic
about ten years ago.  I haven't changed much since then, particularly in the
area of circumcision: I am not moved by the argument that babies forget
everything, therefore it doesn't matter if we intentionally cause them
intense GODDAM SUFFERING, just so long as we do it in their first few days
on this planet.

My friends, circumcised and otherwise, that argument does not have the ring
of truth to me.  It seems like a hell of a lousy welcome to this life.