[ExI] The Meaning of the Universe

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 20:44:14 UTC 2016

Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:

"Panpsychism seems much more rational than atheism, which is a lack of
belief and a lack of caring about knowledge"

Atheism has nothing at all to do with 'caring about knowledge', but I'd
argue that most atheists care a good deal more about knowledge than most
non-atheists, almost by definition.

Panpsychism is hardly rational. What evidence is there for it? None.

"'Atheism' is a nebulous non-existent viewpoint.  It is the view that we
should NOT try to ask why consciousness exists, or how, or what energy
is, or think about the anthropic principles, or think about the observer
effect.  It is a stupid dogmatic reaction to the stupid dogma of religion."

I really think you need to revisit what the definition of Atheism is.
You are totally misrepresenting it. Totally.

Atheism has nothing to say about consciousness, energy, the anthropic
principle, etc. It is very simply one thing: Absence of belief in a
deity. That's it. That's all, there's nothing else to it.

Ben Zaiboc